Tuesday 23 April 2013

Publication:: Binding

Right now I'm leaning towards this form of binding as it'll be simple to prepare for in terms of print, I won't have to print the leafs and individual papers out in the form of a booklet - which could be a bit of a headache when working with A2 size double page spreads -

I can print off each page individually double sided as you would with a perfect bind and doing this also eradicates the problem of the book functioning and when the book is finished you can flick through the posters

Doing this also allows me to perforate the edge so the user can rip off a poster or page to stick on a wall if they so please which will add a cool touch.









This publication is almost like a minaiture version of what I'm looking to do! I just want a separate booklet binded at the front with the pages at the back also separately usable.






The only issue with this type of bind is you have to account for the binding area in your inner margin and it can get quite tight in the inside margin, especially with a lot of pages so it might get ab it unweidly to use. I'm going to mock it up tomorrow as best as I can so I can crack on with the publication, time is not on my side at the moment.







This is the kind of aesthetic style I want to capture with different sizes and different forms of interactivity, once the binding is nailed down I can play around with the format and scales of individual pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment