Wednesday 24 April 2013

Bushido:: Visual Style Inspiration



I'm now going to brand an exhibition aimed at a younger audience to engage with and attend an exhibition to learn more about Japanese and Far Easter history specifically in terms of the idea of a warrior throughout history, culture, media and art.

I will focus more on the branding and I will not propose the exhibition layout and organisation itself, it's almost as if the museum has asked me to brand the exhibition and not work on the exhibition as a space itself.

I'm going to have a much more loose visual style now, as it relates to me and my design aspirations and portfolio and also gives a more cutting edge visual style not associated with this topic of the Far East. I'm inspired by studios such as HORT who have worked with Nike and took a fairly generic topic such as Basketball and turned it on it's head and portrayed so much movement and character and an experimental quality to it. 









I plan on taking notes from this towards the idea of the Samurai. Giving Samurai and Bushido imagery a contemporary and experimental twist, referencing the source material but creating cutting edge design which appeals to the idea of a modern exhibition and the demographic I'm targeting in London.


Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment