Thursday 17 May 2012

Issues with print

Having a few issues with print at the moment, I wanted to perfect bind it but that's proving problematic at the moment, I've never done it before and I wasn't sure what order to print in and so on, so me and the print assistant decided to go for an ordinary booklet page layout, where you can tie it with string or staple it, not ideal but time is not on my side at the moment.

it was going ok till we got to about spread 5 out of 20 and the printer printed the other side up side down, meaning a new job would have to be sent and it all got very complicated very fast. This is a mock booklet I could salvage out of the dud prints. It looks ok, it doesn't have a spine but it will have to do for now. I may go down to vernon street later on today and see if they can help me out with printing and binding a book, but I doubt they would be able to do it in a day, for the final crit tomorrow.

If worst comes to worst, I'm going to display my interactive on screen booklet in the final crit tomorrow as it gives a pretty good idea of what it would be like holding it in your hands.






You can see some of the edges arent lining up, may be down to me cutting incorrectly or the print not lining up. I added 5 mm of bleed though so I don't understand why it's not lining up, atleast better than this!?

No comments:

Post a Comment