Friday 10 May 2013

Publication:: Recreating Poster_#1


I'm not onto the main and last element of the publication, recreating existing design in both variations of European sensibilities and Japanese sensibilities with my own take and my own conclusions on what I've studied - applied.

I feel this is a much more personal statement from me rather than redesigning European work in Japanese style and vice versa, it's more limited and takes away the idea of collaboration and similarities, it makes it seem as if it's Europe VS Japan and not Europe & Japan.


Anyways, finding a neutral and relevant piece of design has took me a lot longer than I thought, often from researching into modernist poster design they often promote exhibitions, products, gallerys and general events finding an event which I can apply theory too has been hard.


I also want to reflect the times of modernism and promote and sell a product or event as designers such as Muller Brockman often did.



////////

Progress has been slower than planned but the first steps have been made so hopefully it will get easier. Here's what I've been working on today


Original work







After applying European modernist theory and sensibilities.

Particular reference and inspiration has been built from Muller-Brockmann and Armin Hofmann and Electrical Appliance handbooks especially Braun stuff under the leadership of Dieter Rams in the 60s


































Little bit of fine tuning but I'd be happy putting this into the publication, next up is the same source material but putting it in a time machine back to the 60's and applying it through a  Japanese designer filter

No comments:

Post a Comment