Monday 6 May 2013

Publication:: Cover and Inner page layout


The main bulk of the reading section of the publication is the book, the element of the publication you read and read the discussion before seeing theory in practice with the posters clipped at the back.

I'm also aiming to put theory into practice with the layout of the book, it's the first time I've done really clean modernist design and probably the cleanest design I've done this year and I'm really enjoying it, preparation, grids and type treatment before starting is key so I made sure the leading and pt size was up to par.




Mock-up up publication when binded:




The red and white smaller section is the book with overhanging red cover.

The blue stock is a short timeline of Japanese graphic design post WW-II

behind those sections are the posters which I'll work on very soon.


Fully closed book, the red cover and first page work together to create the cover, with a mix of japanese and English letterforms.





First page you see after turning over the red cover, you can see the information is the same allowing for the overlap.




I'm currently working on the inside layout and this is where I am at the moment, once the layout is done it will simply be a case of adding in the content which shouldn't take too long at all, the right hand page is the page for digesting written information, the left page will be used as a sort of showcase page, for imagery and quotes etc.


I've been inspired by both Japanese and European modernist design, in particularly Muller-Brockman and Japanese design of the 60's with the serif type and I've tried to combine both with my own design style synthesised within it all too.

Next update will be a substantial progression from where I'm at right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment