Thursday 10 May 2012

PSYCHO MOVIE POSTER


Tried to create the feeling of the knife really hitting the surface, with the black shattered glass all centred around the tip of the knife, PSY CHO is cut in half by the knife and also Alfred Hitchcock is is heading off at the same angle as the shattered glass.

Psycho is a black and white movie, so I tried to keep it minimal in colour as the sequence that will be drawn out before this poster will be in black and white in my book, but I thought on the other side of the coin, a sudden burst of colour when the scenes over would add to the poster. I've enjoyed making this as it's given me an opportunity to put my own stamp on the designs, which I've been having dificulty with in the 'black and white' era pages, which I'm working on at the moment. 

I'll keep this saved, and revisit this when I'm at the right stage in the booklet.





Silhouette of womans face within the handle



No comments:

Post a Comment