Sunday 6 May 2012

Front Cover/Logo development


Started working on a front cover for the booklet to get me started on visuals over the weekend. I don't have inDesign on my laptop so I can't really start working on layouts until I get back to college. 

I'm reasonably happy with it. I tried to play on the "Alfred Hitchcock presents" and prominence of Hitchcock's name on movie posters and movie promotion they used to do for his movies.

I quite liked it with linear straight type but felt that it didn't really convey Hitchcock movies as much as I wanted to, so I started manipulating it.

I also added a film texture onto it, to add a little atmosphere and finish off the cover nicely.

I wanted the front cover to be monotone, as the beginning of the book will be in B+W as the movies i'll be showcasing will be in B+W, so the front cover being in colour would break up the flow.































No comments:

Post a Comment