Tuesday 28 February 2012

EXPERIMENTAL LAYOUTS

So, a fair bit of layout work is coming my way at the moment with the layout stuff with Lorenzo in Design Principles and Task 5 'Who Are You' brief in PPP. There's not much point in me calling myself a graphic designer if I'm going to just make bog-standard stuff, personally I like idea-led stuff, but that also has a logic to it and isn't just going mad Jackson Pollock style. It was also one of my goals for the second semester to be more experimental. I really like experimental layouts and would love to make time to sink my teeth into it.  Here are some which I liked and gave me pointers and ideas towards my own layouts...

www.joelevey.com




I think with stuff like this, I tend to get better ideas just drawing, it helps me consider things better rather than just going straight to the computer, subconsciously it's easy to just make things really linear and take the easy option.







Really like this one colour on stock stuff, has a zine quality to it. Maybe for PPP and Seb's DPS I can find out his favourite colour?









Charlie Hillhouse




Reynald Phillipe
What I like about these are they just look inviting to read, they use space nicely also the copy isn't pretty small like you'd find in a newspaper or magazine, it looks to be a bigger pt. size and it suits this style very well.


Martin Peterson




Alexander Lis & Samuel Banzingler

Stock works really well on here, again I really like the pt size, and leading etc on the copy. Little things go such a long way.


Annette Holand



Neven Allgier

Opportunities are endless, you can literally do whatever you want. I think it's just about drawing, the more you draw the more you push through the obvious boring stuff and start doing more interesting stuff.


Neil Donnelly










No comments:

Post a Comment