Monday 10 October 2011

ALPHABET SOUP - TYPEFACE

Now that I know what kind of direction I want to go with for my typeface, I'm now starting to look at existing typefaces in a similar design. I've found some really nice examples, they'll really help me to visualise and sketch out my design and make some good progress with it. Before looking at these typefaces I was finding it abit hard to get the look I wanted, as I was just sort of drawing "blindly". Check these out.


Buttermilk by Jessica Hische 




I really like this, it incorporates the use of thin lines with thick lines, and has the little round peaks which I was trying to incorporate into my own design. This should help alot with drawing out my developed style which I plan on doing now. 

Memoriam by Patrick Griffin

Memoriam I


Memoriam III





Very nice (borat voice)


Also going down the Australian route, seen as Steph would like to live there one day, here's some that have some sort of link to Australia, that I found on www.myfont.com

Semilla by Sudtipos Type



Axiom by Wayne Thompson
Published by Australian Type Foundry
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/australiantype/axiom/









No comments:

Post a Comment