Sunday 29 December 2013

Publication:: Archive -

As another visual experiment I felt it would be a good exercise to create a more cohesive compilation of process material used to help with this module this year, I've created a mini publication called "Archive" with a selection of material - essentially filtering through blog posts I have previously posted.

It has allowed me to be more selective with what information I put in and to also have more of a designers approach to the information, I used this as an exercise in further increasing my competence with a grid variations you can do it, it is still in keeping with the pretty Swiss style of design, but my own personal take on it with consideration to different languages - in this case, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese - three languages alone accounting for 25% of the world.



I plan on printing this on various stocks and emplying overprint and different stocks to create minimum ink coverage and costs, aligning with the objectives of the Swiss design school.



Cover variations:

I'm working with the system of:
English
Spanish
Mandarin

As in this context, the target audience is predominantly English speaking, so English takes priority in body copy and titles, but the required information is still available in 2 other languages if needed








Variations of spreads:







Overprint experiment



















Issuu document:



No comments:

Post a Comment