Wednesday 13 February 2013

ARTICLE: JOE ROGAN TRAINS LIKE A FIGHTER


Interesting article here where Joe Rogan, a notable stand-up comedia, MMA commentator and Martial Artists discussed how fighting is instinctive, natural and actually meditative.


##KEY QUOTES:


  • "I see martial arts as moving forms of meditation,” he says. “When you’re sparring or drilling techniques, you can’t think of anything else. All your bullshit goes to the back of your head. Because if it doesn’t, you’re going to get fucked up.”
  • "No matter how civilized we are and how much society has curbed violent behavior,” he says, “human beings still have the same genes they had 10,000 years ago. Our bodies are designed to have a certain amount of physical stress and violence in them. We’re designed to run from jaguars and fight to defend our territory. We’re hardwired with all this shit that you really can’t deny if you want to be a balanced human being.”
  • “I think when he researched it and found out I’d been doing martial arts my whole life, he realized I was going to choke the shit out of him,” Rogan says. “If I’d fought Wesley Snipes, I was 99.9% convinced all I had to do was grab that guy and choke the fucking life out of him.”




////////////////

UFC Host Joe Rogan Trains Like a Fighter

Joe Rogan shows us why you should train like a fighter even if you never step in the ring.


No comments:

Post a Comment