Friday 8 November 2013

Visual Investigation: Contemporary Design Practitioners



I've been intending to create visual experiments of where my thesis is heading in terms of visual style, and my own personal design aspirations and developing awareness within design. I don't feel this is simply an approach to design that I would apply to every brief I ever get, as that is not the objective. I feel the practical work and conclusion of the dissertation is heading towards a progression of my level 05 CoP module which is reassuring for me.



I decided to further practise a progressive international style of design, with consideration of the top three languages in the world, for 3x success of communication and a highly gridular layout. I've applied the visual approach to questions sent out to design practitioners and studios which are really helpful and I intend to reference in my critical writing.








Folding process: 

When closed, the title of the document still is available and entices you to open it up



Stock variations: I aim to use primary colour stocks, along with white and black accents, or white stock + red/blue/yellow accents. Predominantly I'm going to work with yellow as it is instantly eyecatching with black. Primary colours ofter bold, and strong design as the colours have a feeling of purity, as if there's no other hue mixed with it, it's just 100% colour.














Print ready PDF for applying onto red stock and white spot colour






Grid:










No comments:

Post a Comment