Thursday 8 November 2012

Design For Web - Studio Duo Duo

I stumbled upon this website when looking for design studio's and I actually love the website design. It's pretty much what I tried to achieve on my scamps, but way more refined and effective in my opinion. What I like the most is the navigation bar actually at the bottom, something I didn't even think of but it works very well, it leaves a nice big space in the middle where your eye looks for the content.

It also utilises a slideshow minimally and very effectively which will be perfect for my Fighters section if I choose to go down the slideshow route. I like the way they cut out the background of images such as the camera and add a drop shadow in the image preparation. It adds much more focus and reality to the experience, probably only works with 3d objects though.

I'll make a new scamp and wireframe taking into account some pointers from Duo Duo's website.

It has a cool little touch with the slideshow where the logo is hidden beneath the slide, so when you click next, the slide transition happens and you see the logo reveal itself for a split second before it's covered again. Cool










No comments:

Post a Comment