Wednesday 2 May 2012

PUBLICATION: CONTENT PLAN

I feel quite overwhelmed with information at the moment and haven't had a plan so I've decided to outline a rough idea of how the publication will pan out, what information I need and where it will be placed, so I can focus on certain areas of research. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll collate the information and start writing the textual content of the publication, this needs to be done ASAP so I can start designing.

I want the text to be strong, have plenty of quotes and visual stimuli that i'll be able to take advantage of for the visuals I plan to look into. I haven't had a chance to think about the visuals as much at the moment, it would be a good idea to get into the visuals as soon as possible.


Publication plan:

  • Short introduction to Hitchcock, what the book will go through and a basic bio of the man and how he got into movies
  • His early films, how he got into them (visualise his early films somehow)
  • Silent movie era, how he exploited silent movies with his techniques (visualised well)
  • His first sound movie - Blackmail
  • Chronological order of key movies he did along with techniques (DPS for each movie technique maybe?)
  • Recurring themes - e.g. humor, voyeurism, macguffins etc. DPS for each?
  • Cameos - visualise his cameos somehow, maybe have him make a cameo on each page as a slight nod to it?
  • Criticisms - quotes etc
  • His last movie
  • His lasting legacy, who he's inspired etc




Sounds like it's going to be quite a few pages, I don't think each double page spread will have too much copy but it does mean I need to work visually on each double page spread, once I start writing up the content, I'm going to start designing the layout as I'll know how much material I have to work with. Which will give me a better idea of how many pages the publication will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment