Friday 18 May 2012

Colour.

Throughout the book, especially when I tranfer to the colour period in Hitchcock's career, some of the colours are purposefully pretty vivid, in some terms I'm breaking 'design' rules, for example combining red and green is often seen as 'bad'. Red and green are opposites of the colour spectrum and clash, making your eyes feel funny.

I thought it would be a interesting experiment to use colour to, again, manipulate the viewer experience like Hitchcock did, but in this case a book. I tried to juxtapose colour with the content.




Here, I had a red and green colour pallette where the content in question is simply sharing frequently cast actors and actresses in Hitchcock's career. By contrast to the rest of the books content, it's fairly sombre and isn't regarding any particular suspense scene or so on. But i've tried to juxtapose the content with the colour, colours which make you feel a little uneasy and it's not as easy to read as it could be, definitely.

Even though the content should be pretty pleasant reading, I'm still trying to make the reader work.

I think I was inspired to do this by scenes such as Scottie's hallucination scene in Vertigo. Use of colour is clearly very important and the scene appears at a moment you don't expect it to.




No comments:

Post a Comment